- scangoroo consists of a handle, a charging station, an app and a bag.
- The scangoroo handle incorporates a scanner and a scale, and thus allows to record products with barcodes and weigh unpackaged goods.
- The customer shops and pays electronically directly with the scangoroo handle or via the app.
- The interactive display of the scangoroo handle allows full expense control.
- Special offers can be shown on the display and as an option personalised offers can be shown in the app.
- The scangoroo handle‘s scale checks the accuracy of the purchase and confirms that the products are correctly recorded for the customer.
In Germany, 12% of foodstuffs purchased end up in the garbage. That is an average of about 40 kg of fruits, vegetables, cereals or dairy products per inhabitant and year.
Why do we throw so much away?
Because we more than necessary. We do not buy quantities that we actually need, but we usually buy in advance, as we do not know exactly when we will have time and desire to visit the supermarket or drugstore next time. Apart from the issue of sustainability, above all one‘s own leisure time naturally plays an important role here. Who wants to waste „useless“ time when there are so many more important, meaningful or beautiful things to do than queuing up at a cash register.
In supermarkets or drugstores, queuing time at the cash register is often unpredictable, especially during peak hours it can quite lengthy. Also the unpacking and repacking of goods is time-consuming and exhausting. The result is that we buy less fresh, sustainable and unpackaged foodstuffs than we would prefer and waste a lot of valuable time with queuing, waiting and packing.